Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE Profile single oven Model J S905B0K1BB. It had

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile single oven Model J S905B0K1BB. It had a F7 code. After turning power off hoping it would reset I was still getting the same code. I replaced the touch pad and now i'm not getting a code at allbut the clock won't reset and the oven won't work. What do you sugest next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So F7 does mean that your touchpad is shorted but it sounds like you just replaced the touchpad and now the error is gone but it won't respond. The only 2 things that can cause this issue would be the touchpad or the control board and since you really can't test between the two parts, I'd just return the touchpad and tell them it came faulty and get a new one. If the same issue occurs where the F7 is gone but none of the buttons will responds, then you know that the display board was also shorted and will also need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.