Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Why do I find dish-washing detergent on washed plates and glasses? Thanks.

Customer Question

why do I find dish-washing detergent on washed plates and glasses?
Thanks. It is a one year old Frigidaire and the technician was here to clear any clogs in the outlet.
Jo-Anne
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, the model number is ***** the side by the door gasket.
Did the technician say cleaning the clogs would fix the soap being left on the dishes?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model Type is
fgModel Type is F6BD2432KW1
Sorry dishwasher was on and I could not read the numbers because of the steam!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BTW we did not have this detergent problem before we had the dishwasher cleaned. Again, Model number is *****
Thank you
Jo-Anne
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue lies with the water inlet valve. It is probably not allowing ample water in on each fill cycle. Are you noticing the detergent looks to be dried and really caked on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not really. This is a new problem and has never happened before. I tried using the dishwasher with a smaller load and it did not happen then. So how come all of a sudden we are not getting enough water coming in to the machine?
Thanks
Jo-Anne
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Intermittent water fill valve issues are pretty common and usually the result of the electric solenoid failing. There really is no way to determine with 100% certainty, but if it is washing small loads okay, the recirculation is good. So that only leaves detergent overuse and water as suspects.