Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The lockbody has come apart from the mount on my Blomberg dryer.

Customer Question

The lockbody has come apart from the mount on my Blomberg dryer. How do I release the bezel mount from the body of the dryer to get at it to put it back together?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Most models use pressure tabs that secure the bezel in place that may be released with a flat putty knife. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the word on this? This mount is about 2" high by 3/4 wide and has what I thought was a release catch at the top.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly...So far I now know most can be removed with putty knife...So...that's it? You said you needed my model number...which I sent... I might be doing something wrong here cause I'm not experienced with Ask.com. Are you unable to answer or still looking?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I received no model number. You replied at around 10 PM my time, sorry for the delay in replying. I will open your question for others, perhaps another will be better suited to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wish you would stay on this case with me. It is a really poor format to chat about a problem on. On my reply to your "whats the model number" question, the full detail form came up again, begging for yet a second "good faith" contribution and the whole appliance details fields credit card info and so on. I submitted it back, and figured that you had triggered it. Fair enough...but no reply came back. I think its Ask.com making sure they are shakin' the tree for any extra loose change. I don't know what you get to see at your end, but this side is not very clear and certainly frustrating... at least to me.So, if I have offended you by sounding rude or whatever, please accept my apology and lets finish this up. Its a pretty small job. Let me know if you are willing to continue...thanks. By the way, the Model number is ***** DV 17542. The real question is how do I fix the problem of the broken door latch/catch and whether the parts can be re and re without disassembling the entire machine. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry out consult session didn't work out. Thanks for responding non the less. Good day.