Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Twice now, my brand new GE PK7500 Double Wall Oven, shut off

Customer Question

Twice now, my brand new GE PK7500 Double Wall Oven, shut off in the middle of cooking. Both did this at different times for now reason.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Three times now, my brand new GE PK7500 Double Wall Oven, shut off in the middle of cooking. Happened twice in Top oven and first time in bottom oven did this, for no reason. Why should it do this? It preheated, then cooked for like a half hour, then just shut off and stop cooking. No timer was set.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most likely to be causing the oven to shut off is overheating. The cooling fan should be on anytime the oven is on. Do you hear the cooling fan running behind the top control panel when you turn the oven on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I have to say, it does happen when I'm using very high heat, like 450 in convection roast mode, for a while. The fan is going, but maybe this oven just can't maintain such a high temp for more than a half hour. Which is kind of ridiculous. The bottom oven happened with just a 400 temp. My old GE from30 years ago, worked better. This never happened.I was cooking a rack of pork ribs and they do tend to splatter and smoke a bit, so maybe the fan couldn't keep up?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The fan should be able to keep up with no problem at all. If it is running and it is still shutting down, you wither have an issue with the electronic control or the fan is not running fast enough. Can you feel the air coming out from above the door when the fan is running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a double oven and the air comes out the bottom of the lower oven for both ovens, not the top. When I try pre-heating on either, I do feel the fan. I agree, it should handle it no problem. Should I call GE? The shutting off is very random and just seems to cut out for no reason. And I don't think it is any kind of a breaker cut off, because the panel/electric is still working.I haven't given feedback on your answer yet, because we don't seem to have solved the problem. I concerned I got a lemon of an oven.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So do I have to pay for not getting a solution to my problem? I ended up making an appointment with Sears, where I purchased it and still under warranty to try and figure out the problem. I don't really think this response is worth what I was charged, ir if I was charged.Please let me know. Since you couldn't really answer the question.