Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My kenmore dishwasher is showing the error f4e1. We replaced

Customer Question

my kenmore dishwasher is showing the error f4e1. We replaced the whole bottom piece $280. Hooked it back up and still the code. None of the other buttons work on the panel...no lights or anything
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The F4E1 error means that the main control is not communicating with the motor. It could be a connection problem, a motor problem or a main control issue. Since the motor has been replaced, I would inspect the wiring and connections very closely at the control all the way to the motor. If all looks good, replace the main control. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

66513963k017. I've tried unlocking with the recommended pushing of the different combos of buttons, but he error just keeps blinking and no lights or any response from the touchpad.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Do you have a meter to test with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes we have one. Volt and ohm

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Awesome! Can you access the control board in the door, please? On that board (pictured below) is a fuse, labeled F9 on the board. Can you test it for continuity, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we have the cover off the board, where would this fuse be? Looks like a computer board with lots of numbers and letters. hmmmm

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It will be marked on the other side as F9.If you can post a picture I can arrow it for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its not letting me upload the picture for some reason. still trying

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That fuse is in the red circle but I cannot see the board markings.

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no f9 there. what does the fuse look like?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It will be a small component on the board. It is shown on the schematic below. Is it marked on the back of the board?

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it ohms out at .1

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, nice work! So, that fuse is good. If the wiring is good from the control to the motor, the control is probably faulty. However, let's try a reset just in case. Do all of the lights come on?

To invoke the Diagnostics Cycle, perform the following while in standby:

■ Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3- 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between keys.

■ The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no buttons work, just the error code f4e1 blinking

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I believe that control will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you for your help. They are out of stock and sears has it for 30 some dollars less. So, if this doesn't fix it, do I have to pay again to get help from you? how do I get to you directly?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No, of course not, just reply right back here. It will not close so that you cannot post back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry to be nit picky;) but when I respond, and hit reply to expert it closes out and I'm not sure how to respond directly to you once this is closed out. hmmm

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Once you reply, it waits for me to reply back. So, if you don't reply back to me, it will keep it open to you to reply.