Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The over part of my GE Microwave-Oven Combination will not

Customer Question

The over part of my GE Microwave-Oven Combination will not turn on. Both units are
controlled from the microwave panel. The monitor window shows the following: F-2 FAU LE
The microwave model number is *****; serial number is ***** and it was manufactured in February 1993
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The error you are seeing is telling you that the main oven control "sees" the oven temperature as too high. So, either the temperature is indeed too hot for a regular bake temperature or the sensor is sending the incorrect reading or the control is not processing the sensor resistance correctly. The oven sensor is accessed from inside the oven and can be tested by measuring the resistance. At room temperature, it should read about 1070 ohms. The sensor is shown as number 253 in the diagram at the URL below.
http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/4/00007400/00007443.i04/680/900
Are you able to test the resistance of that sensor?