Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have. Kenmore #417.43142200 front load washer and it just

Customer Question

Hi I have. Kenmore #417.43142200 front load washer and it just started making a very loud whining/knocking sound at the end of the spin cycle. The drum spins fine an there is no noise when I spin by hand.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the washer is knocking during the spin cycle it means that one of the 3 support arms on the back of the inner basket has broken off and the entire inner stainless steel basket will need to be replaced to resolve the issue. You won't hear any noise spinning it slowly or during wash, but when the washer spin fast enough to pull the drum away from the arm, you'll hear a knock once per revolution. CLICK HERE for stainless steel tub
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How expensive is this repair? Am I better off replacing the entire machine. I've had it for 11+yrs.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I don't generally recommend repairing the washer when this happens but if you're handy enough to do it yourself it may be worth it. The cost of the part is $350 and the cost of labor would be another $250.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.