Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The temperature control unit on the inside top part of the

Customer Question

The temperature control unit on the inside top part of the refrigerator door will not light up and the compressor will not start
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the main board has been replaced, the issue likely lies with the connection between the interface board on the door and the main control. There is a plastic connector on the door by either the upper or lower door hinge. Can you get a look at that connection to see if it is corroded or burnt or a wire has pulled out, please? Also, can you please double check that model number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If its one with 3 contacts I try that but still it does not work.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Do any of the fans work inside? No change at all when the main control was replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can barely hear what I believe its a fan. When I change the mainboard the refrigerator inside lighting and door ice maker functions are all lit.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so that corrected one problem. Did you replace it with a new board? It could be that the new board has issues or there is a shorted component that is making the new board have issues. There was an issue with the evaporator fans shorting out and causing problems. That would make sense if you cannot hear it running at full speed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was replaced with a new board.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The fan was replaced with the board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No fan was replaced.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I would unplug the evaporator fan and see if the compressor comes on. If it does, the fan is shorted.