shaithus1
shaithus1,
60480551

When drawing off the left side of my u431 there is a very

Customer Question

when drawing off the left side of my u431 there is a very very loud noise. There is also a very loud vibration noise. It still pumps fine but is very loud. Any ideas. Thank you, ***** *****

Category: Appliance
Expert:  shaithus1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi.. does it give any error codes when this happens? Does it sound like pressurized air movement? or does it sound like motor noise?

Let me know.

Phillip

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We do not have access to error codes. The sound does not sound like air. It sounds like the motor running only amplified and causing a great deal of vibration. The noise will eventually stop

Expert:  shaithus1 replied 1 year ago.

The first thing to check is the timed overrun of product... I do not have a manual but there is a procedure... to take an 8 or 16 ounce cup.. fill it to the rim with wet mix and weigh it...then run the machine and do the same thing with frozen mix and weigh it...the weight of wet minus the weight of frozen divided by the frozen weight times 100 equals the overrun percent...if the overrun control is different, then reset the overrun control to that percent... you might be able to find a manual on line.....

If this does not seem to be the problem then is the consistency of the ice cream correct or is it really thick... it sounds like the auger more is labored during dispensing... when the motor rotates..as the mix gets thicker... the motor will swing under load, actuating a switch and shut off.. it sounds like the motor is avail to stir the mix but is noisy... eventually the motor will fail when it tries to stir the mix and will either not run at all or it will immediately kick the switch...the right side is quiet so that leads me to believe the motor is beginning to fail..

let me know what you find..