Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The water is not draining from the dishwasher is there anything

Customer Question

The water is not draining from the dishwasher is there anything I can do or check myself and what would be the root cause for this
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Along the back of the tub inside the dishwasher is a filter screen. It runs the entire width of the tub interior and is held in place with four ¼” screws. Remove those screws and lift the filter assembly out and set it aside. In the very center you will see a plastic piece called the Piston & Nut Assembly. That part controls the water flow during the drain cycle. At the top of that part is a yellow, cone-shaped seal. If that seal is worn or deteriorated, the dishwasher will not drain properly. I suspect this may be why you are having drainage issues with your dishwasher. Inspect the cone-shaped seal and replace the assembly it if it is worn. The Piston & Nut Assembly will simply unscrew and pull out. You do not need to worry about water leaking when this part is removed. Let me know what you find, please.