Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Yes - my filter number(###) ###-####is stuck in place. When i push

Customer Question

Yes - my filter number(###) ###-####is stuck in place. When i push the eject button the old filter will not eject. Also the cap is broken so I cannot exert any force to pull the filter out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The housing will need to be replaced, it is broken internally. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KSCS25INSS01
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i saw a suggestion that i press eject button with broom handle. will that work? maybe it is stiff.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It may work this time, but if it does, it will probably be temporary and you risk damaging the housing and causing leakage. To me, water leakage would not be worth the risk to save a few dollars. I would recommend replacing the housing, shown as number 27 at the URL below.
http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/3/0/00101653/680/900
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Filter-Housing/W10121140/1480817?rcaid=1000054