MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

LG refrigerator (LMX25981SW) slow water dispensing Pushing

Customer Question

LG refrigerator (LMX25981SW) slow water dispensing
Pushing water lever results in the usual microwave like noise but little water. Eventually, another louder motor noise starts and the flow is fine for a while, even when that motor is NOT running. Returns to slow water after a while.
Already replaced the water filter and while water flow was fine for a cup or two, it again slowed to a dribble.
I would guess, and am willing to be wrong, that I need to replace the water inlet valve assembly (solenoid) in the bottom rear but find different looking parts on Internet
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
There are 2 valves here- a single one and a dual one. You need to see which is bad here by simply pulling the line off of the single one and see if the flow remains good or not. If it slows down then that valve is bad; if it does not then the dual valve is at fault.
The single valve acts as a main valve so no pressure is in any of the the lines unless there is a call for an icemaker fill or water.