Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher :KUDPO1FL #8531027 or

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher :KUDPO1FL #8531027 or(###) ###-#### These are the two numbers that I have found on the washer. After shuting the power off to the washer and than turning it back on the only light that comes on is the "Heavy" cycle light. If I touch the "Cancel" button than the "Normal and Heavey" start to blink along with the "Cancel". I have tried all the sequences of alternating buttons but it will not reset. It always goes to "Heavy" "Normal" and "Cancel" all blinking and the "4 hr Delay" light on steady.
I hope this information tells you what is needed to fix it. Thanks for your time. Scott
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately this is not an issue you can just reset I'm sorry to ay. The problem is that your touch control panel has failed internally. The touchpad will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve this issue so you'll need the full model number to look up the correct part. KUDPO1FL is the start of the model but there are more letters/numbers at the end of that number. The full model is located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door. Unfortunately the touchpad costs about $130 normally for this model so it's not a cheap part.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.