Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

5 month old bravos xl high efficiency top loader. Used

Customer Question

Hello...5 month old bravos xl high efficiency top loader.
Used steam/allergen cycle for the first time.
Washer was washing normally then I observed it filling water and it kept filling
until it over topped and water was leaking from underneath washer.
I stopped cycle and some water was pumped out by machine.
Tried rinse and spin cycle but, machine keeps filling and over topping with water.
This happens no matter which cycle I use now.
Thanks,Mark.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Does the water stop filling when you turn the washer off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes...Stops filling...
If I try to start another cycle...
It seems to start normally but, then continues to fill even though drum is already filled with water.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so it's just not sensing the water level properly. There is a rubber hose that connects to the bottom of the tub and runs up to the main control board in the control panel in the far back right corner. Remove the control panel and disconnect the rubber hose connected to the control board. Blow through the rubber hose and make sure it's clear. Try the washer again and if it still overfills, the entire main control board would need to be replaced because it's just not sensing the water level properly anymore for whatever reason. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.