Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My Kenmore

Customer Question

hello? my kenmore 110.92582110 turns on and off during washing and rinse cycles. turns on and runs normal for maybe a minute, then stops for 5 minutes or so, then repeats, all the way through till the end of the whole cycle.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my kenmore 110.92582110 turns on and off during washing and rinse cycles. turns on and runs normal for maybe a minute, then stops for 5 minutes or so, then repeats, all the way through till the end of the whole cycle.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Can you explain (turns off) or are you saying that the unit is pausing?
And in which cycle does the unit do this in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please see attached picture. once we pull out the knob, it fills all the way up as normal, then proceeds to wash, and will make noise as normal for a minute, then shut off for about 5, then repeat all the way through the wash, rinse, and spin. it took 12 hours to get through one load.i know there are some times it normally pauses (in the rinse cycle maybe)? but this is not the same thing.
Doe the unit do this in the other wash cycle or just on normal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ultra and permanent too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also i t seems like the length of time it has been on before shutting off has reduced a lot since it first started. now its like 20 seconds on before shutting off
ok since it is every cycle I have to assume it is a issue with the motor getting hot and shutting off till it cools down then comes back on .
and the more it used the more the motor heats up ,thus the last time it takes for it to over heat.
The motor will need to be replaced.
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Motor/661600/675936?ss=-x333839323438&mr=0?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it possible the temp sensor is faulty or is it for sure the motor truly getting too hot?why exactly would the motor heat up too much?could it be bad bearings instead of motor?thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also, what is the price for an equivalent new washign machine? $400?any opinion on if the 150 for a new pump on a 12 year old machine would be better spent on a new one? how long would you guess the current one to last after the repair? thanks