John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I purchased an electric range in Dec. of 2013 and had it

Customer Question

I purchased an electric range in Dec. of 2013 and had it installed in Feb. of 2014.So it is no longer under warranty. The oven is not heating but the stove top does. Any suggestions?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service.Do you have a voltmeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NO

Without a voltmeter it is going tough to know what is going on inside the oven. You say it is a new oven that has never been installed? Did you have to put a new power cord on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It has been installed and I have used it for a year and 3 months but I turned the oven on yesterday and it did not heat. Had used it Wednesday.

I can try to help you out to track down the problem, but you will have to get a voltmeter so you can check voltages on the back of the range. Would you like to get one and continue this weekend? You can purchase an inexpensive one at your local hardware or big box store. It will come in handy in the future for other testing purposes, like checking batterys etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I would not be able to do it. Handicapped.Guess I Just loss my money. Thank you anyway.

I would not throw out the range based on what you say. It is probably a minor problem, most likely a thermal fuse. There is not just a reset or something simple you can do to make it work. Do you not want to call a service tech for some reason?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will call a service person tomorrow.

Thats sounds like a good idea. I would have loved to be able to help you on the problem, but there is only so much we can do in a chat. I am sure the service tech will be able to find out quickly what is wrong. I know I could not help you directly tonight , but were you satisfied with my effort to help you out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

If you have been satisfied with my help and have no further questions for me, may I please ask that you rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting one of the 5 stars to rate me personally (not the site or the condition of your appliance) before you leave today. It is the only way JA will compensate me for my time with you. You will then be locked into your question and you can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.Thanks so much for chatting tonight and good luck in getting your range repaired.Have a great weekend!Don