Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Kelly, this is Michael. My Kenmore Elite quiet pak 9 turned off a week ago. The check l

Customer Question

hi Kelly, this is Michael. My Kenmore Elite quiet pak 9 turned off a week ago. The check lint screen light came on and the unit shut down. Since then, we cleaned the lint screen, cleaned down inside the lint trap, and checked the back connection. We also unplugged the appliance waited 1 minute plugged it back in and tried again. The unit will not turn on. When you pick a cycle and then push start there is a click, the check lint screen light comes on but the unit will not turn on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, this usually happens when the small thermal fuse on the blower wheel housing is tripped. It's #59 in the link below.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/kenmore-elite-dryer-parts/model-11085862400/0583/0151200/K0410034/00003.html
You will need to unplug the dryer and remove the lower front pane. Three screws hold the lower front panel in place. Once off you will need to remove the lint filter and lint filter housing. Three more screws hold it on. Once you have the lint filter housing off you'll see the thin white thermal. The thermal fuse should have continuity.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you