Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Mike. My Kenmore dishwasher (P/n W10435038B) has light but

Customer Question

Hi Mike. My Kenmore dishwasher (P/n W10435038B) has light but won't start the cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The number you have listed is a part number. Can I get the full model number to better assist you? It will start with 665 and it's located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door. Also, you can select and change all the cycles like normal it just won't start correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
66515113K214
Yes. I can select and change all the cycles like normal. It just won't start.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK let's try something really quick. Turn the dishwasher off. Choose any 3 buttons on the control panel. Press them in the following sequence, 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between each button push. Watch the clean light. It will flash "X" amount of times, then pause 2 seconds, and flash "Y" amount of times, then pause 5 seconds and start over again.Can you tell me how many times X and Y are please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
X=6 Y=4
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK perfect thank you. So if you press the start button does the light over the start button change at all? Does it start flashing or go solid or any indication it recognizes that you pressed the start button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The green LED for "COMPLETE" came on.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK perfect, so that error code is usually caused by a bad control board so the main control board may need to be replaced, but before you do that there are many things to check so below is a link of the things to check for this error.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hear a very soft humming noise when the door is latched. It stops when I unlatch it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The float is clear.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so that sounds like the drain pump is running trying to drain water that doesn't exist inside the tub which is what happens when you get this error code. Check the float switch and make sure the float isn't stuck. If that checks good then I'd replace the control board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The switch makes an audible click.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK then I would replace the control board
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a resource for that?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Below is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for control board
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks simple enough. Is this something that I can replace myself or should I get a tech?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you're handy you can definitely replace it yourself, it's all plug and play.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Tyler.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and good luck.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.