Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a jenn air model SVD48600W dual fuel range. I did a

Customer Question

I have a jenn air model SVD48600W dual fuel range. I did a clean cycle yesterday and when I returned home the oven was beeping with an F2 code and the oven was VERY hot but the clock panel indicated the clean cycle was over. I discovered the broiler element was still on and i pushed the off button but it remained on. I then turned off the circuit breaker and let it cool down so I could turn the power back on so the oven door look would release, and it did, and I noticed the broiler was on again. I tried to cancel, reset, bake , broil, etc but it will not shut off. All other functions seem to work, the bake element will come on and go off as does the convection, cooling and exhaust fans and the oven light.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today. So F2 means that your oven is getting too hot which is accurate because the broil element is sticking on. Unfortunately the broil element sticking on means that the relay is stuck on the main control board. The relay control board is mounted to the back of the oven and it's part number 12001693. Below is a link to the relay control board you'll need to order for your model. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.