John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE Monogram refrigerator Model ZIC36N that

Customer Question

I have a GE Monogram refrigerator Model ZIC36N that has a layer of ice forming on the bottom of the freezer which reforms after removing it - everything appears to be cooling and freezing in fridge and freezer.
Thanks, Joel
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
This is normally a drain line opening being clogged with debris and the drain trough over flows onto the freezer floor .
The drain trough is behind the rear interior freezer wall.
Which means everything will need to be removed from the freezer and that rear interior wall removed ant the drain trough defrosted using either a blow dryer or hot water.
If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you,

As it turns out I found a similar problem with the same answer on-line and I just finished doing this - poured warm water down drain and could see from the front of the fridge where I have access whether it drained into the pan below the freezer. There is only a small trickle. If the drain hose is too packed with debris to allow flow I guess I'll remove the hose and manually clean it. If so, is it much trouble getting to the drain hose from the rear of the fridge?

I can nor tell you until I get the FULL model number from you.
The partial number of ZIC36N brings up like 23 different models to choose from .
Most drain line can not be removed you will need to force water down into the line of use a small flexible wire to snake it out
I actually use a Trombone cleaner