Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore elite refrigerator bottom freezer refrig.

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore elite refrigerator bottom freezer refrig. Model # *****
I had a surge that burnt out the power board in the back of the frig. I replaced the board.
I turned on the frig and it was working fine it got cold in one hour. when i came home later that night the frig was blowing warm air, the freezer too. I set set the temp.
by using the owners manual 13 Ce. (refrig) 4 Ce. (freezer) did I forget to reset something else? I hear the compressor running, its only 14 months old. warrantee is gone.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You didn't forget anything but the problem is that the power surge may have damaged your compressor. If you touch the compressor you'll notice that it's extremely hot after it's been running for a few hours. You can try to replace the plastic start device on the side of your compressor that all the wires go to and sometimes that will fix the issue. If not, then the compressor itself would need to be replaced.