Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Refrig overtemp reset beeper went

Customer Question

Hi ***** Refrig overtemp reset beeper went on 3 times in the last 6 hours and both the frig and freezer are getting warmer. I tried vacuuming under the unit front and back and lowered frig to 33 and freezer to neg 2 but still no change also turned on max cool button still no change. MFD is 06-01 and unit was here when I moved in last year. I am wondering if it is worth a service call, could it be freon or is it just time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, it could be freon. It could also be a faulty compressor or a defrost issue. I would say it's worth setting up a service call. Look on the back panel inside the freezer. Do you see a thin layer of frost on the back panel? If so, you have a defrost issue. If not, the sealed system could be the issue. You would need to remove the back panel inside the freezer to investigate.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you