Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Kenmore elite undercounter icemaker is not making ice.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If water is flowing over the chill plate but it's not forming a thick slab of ice, you either have a sealed system issue which you will need a technician to come fix for you, or you have lint dust build up below the icemaker. Remove the lower front panel and clean the coils below the icemaker. If it still won't make ice properly, you'll need to call a techncian out to check you freon pressure because you either have a hot gas valve leak, a freon leak, or an inefficient compressor.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.