Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

We have a brand new GE clothes washer, model GLWN800D2WS, and

Customer Question

we have a brand new GE clothes washer, model GLWN800D2WS, and the first one did not fill with Hot water, but cold water. Lowes delivered a second one, still no hot water, hot water is not hot, but just warmish. the warm water setting is cold, and the cold setting is very cold.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lowes have delivered a second identical machine, still same problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am leaving this is too slow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think the automatic valve of hot water is not working in both washer and dry, and we need to replace the valve in both washers. this we believe is a manufacturing defect.
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.
It seems very odd that two washers in a row exhibit the exact same problem. You can't always assume the hot valve in your wall is the left one . The installers may have connected the hoses wrong . Make sure the hot hose is connected to the washer's hot inlet - it is marked H.
Haven't heard back from you. What did you find - were the hoses reversed ?