Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a maytag mce8000ayw dryer/cabinet and two weeks ago

Customer Question

I have a maytag mce8000ayw dryer/cabinet and two weeks ago all the lights on the console started flashing and the unit stopped responding. If I unplugged it and plugged it back in a could get it to respond for a few minutes before it started flashing again. I then changed the logic board thinking it was the problem but it still was flashing. I then opened the front up and cleaned a ton of lint out of it. I plugged it in and it worked for about 2 loads and started flashing unresponsive again. I'm at a loss here.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the logic board has been replaced, the relay/power board mounted at the bottom of the cabinet is likely faulty. That board is shown as number 22 in the diagram at the URL below.
http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/2/0/00037463/680/900
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/534643/1413623?ss=-x353334363433&mr=0?rcaid=1000054
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can unplug it a couple of times to get it too work, it will eventually start flashing again wether it's been run or not. Does that sound like a relay board problem nor possibly something else?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The fact that it resets means it is electronic related. The problem is it could be either board, they work together. So, since you replaced the logic board, that only leaves the other power board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will give it a shot. I also ran all the diagnostics i could from the diagnostic menus and didn't get any error codes. Logic board passed etc.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, intermittent problems are not usually easy to diagnose. If you order through that link I provided, they will take the board back if you still have issues, even if it is installed!