Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Maytag electric dryer that is making a loud noise

Customer Question

I have a Maytag electric dryer that is making a loud noise in the rear when I turn it on and then clicks continually when it is drying/running. It is model #LDE8404ACE and serial #16752401QF. Can you help me identify the problem?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want a service plan of any kind. I clicked the $38.00/month plan by accident. Do not charge me for that. This is just one time.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
does the unit make the noise and the clicking on any cycle?
If you open the door and look inside the dryer drum do you see anything that could be making the noise or the clicking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is nothing in the dryer. When I open the door and hold the safety button in and turn the dryer on it does look as if it maybe out of balance. I haven't done anything else as of yet.
ok the out of balance is very good info .
with that I would have to suspect the issue is the drum roller.
Here is a link to the part ,the link cones with a video showing how to replace the part.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drum-Roller/12001541/400518?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The two top drum roller look good. They are tight and seem to be in good shape. It's the large one that the spring hooks to that was very loose and the belt look stretched out and worn. So I removed it to check it out and a washer/spacer fell out also. When I put it back on and tightened it I don't know if I put the spacer in the right place. Also does the spring just attach in the hole in the bottom of the dryer floor? Can I send you a pic of what I did?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anybody there?
Sorry I do not work online 24 hours a day .
You now have two threads open on the same question.
Yes the spring goes into the hole on the dryer base/floor.
and I was not sure what you were trying to show with the pictures !