Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Maytag mdb6709awb1 Dishwasher. Today the "normal"

Customer Question

I have a Maytag mdb6709awb1 Dishwasher. Today the "normal" light and the "start" button started blinking. I found online to do the "high temp"/"heat dry" 3x then ht cancel and now the cancel button is blinking as well. Normal is blinking fast, start is blinking slow, cancel is blinking fast.
I see no break in the heating element or any blistering. Any thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the quick reply. Somehow I thought you were just laughing at the thought of someone hairdrying their dishwasher, but low and behold it worked. But, only momentarily. Now, just the "normal" light is blinking and again, when I did the "high temp"/"heat dry" 3x then hit cancel trick again, the cancel light started blinking again.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great! T%Hat tells us that there is moisture in that panel. So, you can replace that panel or try more heat and rubbing. It will probably work fine if you have the patience to heat and rub more, half hour or so! However, if you want to replace the panel, it is available below.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad-And-Control-Panel/W10254836/1549641?rcaid=1000054
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like a plan. Will try the heat tomorrow and let you know.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, thank you!