Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool refrigerator says cooling off. What does that

Customer Question

My whirlpool refrigerator says cooling off. What does that mean/ how do I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
For some reason the refrigerator cooling has been turned off like you want it in demo mode. To turn cooling back on, press and hold the LOCK and MEASURED FILL buttons at the same time for 5 seconds. If that doesn't work, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and try again. If it still doesn't work, your display board has failed and would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.