Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My lg french door refrigerator isn't making ice. i pushed the

Customer Question

my lg french door refrigerator isn't making ice. i pushed the reset button, and nothing is happening.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds to see if the icemaker will start cycling. If not, then thaw out the icemaker with a hair dryer and try again. If it still won't work, your icemaker just failed and the icemaker will need to be replaced to get the icemaker working again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. i'll try the blow dryer. i already tried holding the reset button for 15 seconds...
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Alright. Sometimes ice is preventing the icemaker from cycling so try that. If that doesn't work then there isn't anything you can do but to replace the icemaker.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.