Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Model number MAH5500BWW When door does shut right to latch

Customer Question

Model number MAH5500BWW
When door does shut right to latch it will not cycle I think it is thebad latch
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the door isn't shutting properly you'll definitely want to replace the latch because that will stop the washer from running through it's cycles as you suspected. Below is a link to the latch you'd need to order for your model. CLICK HERE for latch you can definitely do it yourself if you're fairly handy. Just open the door and unplug the washer. Remove the 2 screws through the door hinge going into the front panel as well as the 2 screws going through the opposite side of the door way. The front panel will unclip at the top and you can hinge the front panel down and off. The door will then lift up and off. Open the dispenser and remove the 4 screws through the dispenser. There are 2 screws holding the top panel down coming in from the front. Remove those and the top panel will hinge up and back. That will give you access to the door latch assembly to replace which is fairly straight forward.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.