Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

My Kenmore Cold spot ice maker isn't making ice, it's

Customer Question

Hello my Kenmore Cold spot ice maker isn't making ice, it's only 3 days old. The first two days it made ice, but has since stopped for about a day now.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 1 year ago.
I will be glad to help you with your question today.
Are you saying the icemaker is only 3 days old or the whole refrigerator is 3 days old?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The whole refrigerator is only 3 days old.
It sounds like the water valve may have malfunctioned or you have a supply issue of water coming from the house. You need to pull the fridge out and loosen the nut where the copper or plastic tubing is attached to the back the fridge and see if you get water dripping from it. If you get nothing, then you will need to check in the basement or under the sink where the shutoff valve is located and see if there is a problem with it or it has been turned off.
If you get water when you check in the back, that would mean you have a mechanical problem with the fridge.
Are you aware that you have a 1 year parts and labor warranty from Sears?
If you don't want to mess with it, my suggestion would be just to call the Sear's service line and have them come out and fix it, while it still under warranty.
Here is their phone number 1(###) ###-####
Explain your problem and I am sure they would be more than happy to take care of the problem for you.
If you have been satisfied with my help and have no further questions for me, may I please ask that you rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting one of the 5 stars to rate me personally (not the site or the condition of your appliance) before you leave today. It is the only way JA will compensate me for my time with you. You will then be locked into your question and you can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
I was checking back and I was wondering if you decided to call Sears or did you check out the things I told you about?