Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

John our maytag mav5057aww is full of water and won't spin,

Customer Question

Hi John our maytag mav5057aww is full of water and won't spin, drain, or do anything. The lid proximity switch seems to be good I see the plunger being moved and hear the click of the switch
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you drain out the water manually with a cup and bucket, will the washer refill with water if you start a cycle? Can you check please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We tried that and nothing. Machine won't turn on at all
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK that's what I figured. You need to make sure the washer is getting power from your house to start. If you definitely have power getting to the washer then your lid switch assembly has failed even though it's clicking still. Below is a link to the lid switch assembly you'd need to order and replace to fix the issue. CLICK HERE for lid switch We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.