Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have had a service repair man out to my house twice to try

Customer Question

I have had a service repair man out to my house twice to try and fix my washing machine. Issue going into spin cycle while filling with water or once it gets to spin cycle water will drain but will not spin out the clothers. So, guy replaces top control panel, not the problem comes back takes out the new puts back in the old, now he says he calls ge and they tell him that it could be this board that sits on top of the motor (motor invertor) well guess what apparently not that either cause after about 2 weeks (5 loads of laundry) the thing is not spinning out my clothes again so they want me to pay for a part apparently I did not need. What could the issue be and I do not want to pay for a part I did not need
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most common cause of no spin is a shorted coil shifter. That machine has built in diagnostics by way of a flashing light on the control board that is part of the motor. They are quite easy to diagnose. I suspect the technician you had out is not familiar with these machines. If you remove the front panel, the motor is mounted at the very front of the machine. On top of the motor is the flashing light, under the metal cover. How many flashes between pauses?