Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Samsung refrigerator, model RS265TD. The control panel

Customer Question

I have a Samsung refrigerator, model RS265TD. The control panel is flashing
22 E. What does that mean, how do I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. This error means that the refrigerator fan isn't running properly. Look at part 14 on the diagram in the link below. This is the cover that you must remove in order to expose the fan motor behind it. Unplug the refrigerator and use a hair dryer if you see ice/frost hindering the fan from moving properly. If everything looks fine then you'll need to order part 14-3 which is the fan motor. CLICK HERE for diagram We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used your input to work with an appliance repair person. Although you correctly identified the error code as a fan failure, there was not anything else in your advice that was helpful. Once the fan fails due to ice build-up, other parts are damaged and have to be replaced. I could not have repaired this appliance with the input you provided to me. I ask that you not charge my credit card for your service.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
nothing else is damaged when the fan goes bad. All you do is replace the fan motor and reset the error code. You were already charged to be able to read my answer, this is not a free service.