Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bought last month. top freezer ok.bottom not cold.

Customer Question

bought last month. top freezer ok.bottom not cold.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
This means that you either have a defrost problem or the fan inside the freezer behind the back panel isn't running and needs to be replaced. Pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel. If the fan isn't running then replace it. If there is a lot of frost build up, then use a hair dryer to thaw it all out. You will then need to test continuity through the defrost heater and defrost thermostat. The defrost heater runs along the bottom of the silver coils and the defrost thermostat is the 1" round device clipped onto the top of the silver coils. If either part doesn't have continuity, you need to replace it or it stops the unit from thawing on it's own. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.