Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Samsung oven. One of the top burner knobs always gets

Customer Question

I have a Samsung oven. One of the top burner knobs always gets stuck
When it heats up. This oven is only two years old. I open it up and I can't see anything mechanical that would cause this. Do you have any suggestions
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, the knob connected to the burner switch gets stuck? Where does it get stuck at exactly on low or hi?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All settings when it heats up. Only way to turn it is to turn main gas off and let it cool
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
??????
Sorry I lost connection.
The valve is the only thing that would cause this issue. Unfortunately you will need to replace the valve to fix this problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the valve located. On the burner ? The switch assembly is one piece that goes to all the knobs
The valve is behind the knob. #1-6 in the link below depending on which burner.
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/cooktop-assy-parts-for-samsung-nx583g0vbbb-aa-0000.html
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you