Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Washing machine wtw5500xw3 will not enter the drain

Customer Question

Hello...washing machine wtw5500xw3 will not enter the drain and spin cycle. I'm using the tech repair manual (job aid W10329932) to troubleshoot.
The recent fault code show F7/E1. I ran the drive system test #3a/b which failed the resistance measurement between J16 pins 1 and 2, measured an open. I visually inspect the harness to the motor and shifter but have not checked continuity checks spelled out in the troubleshooting guide .
I also ran the Main Control Test #1 and only measured +4V, between J9-3 and J9-8, with and without the J2 connector. I also measured +10V between J9-1 and J9-3. I'm guessing that J9-3 is really -5V.
Anyway, test 3 leads me to conclude the shifter assembly is the problem, while test #1 leads me to conclude that the main controller board is the problem. Looking for guidance.
Thanks,
Glenn
Read more: http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=16844.0#ixzz3aWy8ZYls
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
So your issue is the shifter. You'll just want to order and replace the shifter and you'll be good to go again. You can ignore testing the main control board because it wont be accurate if it's not getting a good reading from the shifter so just replace the shifter and you should be good to go again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, that's what I was hoping to hear. thanks.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
No problem and glad I could help. If you need anything else just let me know.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just be sure, I'm on he same page, this is the part number, AP4514409 for the shift actuator. Correct?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that is the part number through Appliance Parts Pros. w10006355 is the manufactures part number.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thx
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
no problem. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.