Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My name is***** have a Kenmore elite dishwasher

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** have a Kenmore elite dishwasher model #(###) ###-#### ***** having problem with not effective cleaning and not drying/sanitizing. No steam noted at end of cycle or extremely hot dishes like before. repairman troubleshooted and recommended new control panel(300.00), and kept dishwasher a week and stated working properly. Noticed now cleaning aliittle better but not sanitizing and no steam/hot dishes. Can you help. I reset control panel from above post. Also no error messages before repairman or after. Thanks reggie
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am running a short wash after resetting control panel semms to washing/cycling fine but no internal heat even though panel shows heat is on with cycle.
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, the control board would fix a cleaning issue. It sounds like maybe the repairman cleaned the pump and motor assembly? Down inside the assembly there is a chopper blade. The blade gets clogged and the water pressure diminishes.
If the board is new, the thermostat, or element, are the only things left. On the bottom right side of the tub is a small thermostat with two wires. Check the thermostat for continuity. It should have continuity. Next check the heater element. On this model you will have to slide it forward to make the test. The heater should also have continuity. I've seen the heater wire short at the terminal connection on the heater so check that as well. Those are the only other two things it could be besides a loose wire connection.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you