Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Uline CO29 ref w/icemaker on a boat. replaced icemaker

Customer Question

I have a Uline CO29 ref w/icemaker on a boat. replaced icemaker unit last year but only getting one batch of ice then it quits. I have read your test cycle method with jumper and will try this weekend.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, after it makes one batch how do you get it to make another? Do you have to unplug it or does it eventually go around by itself?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have to turn it off and back on. It can take several hours to make the one batch. Unit can almost freeze beverages if we durn down that far. Can only get ice to make one batch if we have it set to near 1.
Thank you. The ice maker motor is the only thing that would cause this issue. Unfortunately, the ice maker will need to be replaced again. You can try jumping the M-N contact points. That should send the ice maker into a harvest cycle. Something is wrong with the motor or the contacts on the motor. The temps is fine. If it was a temp issue, water would be in the tray and not ice.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Unit is on our boat, I'll try the jumper test this weekend.
Sounds great. Good luck.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The new Ice maker was NOT the problem and didnt need to be replaced "again" as suggested. The temp sensor was bad and not making a connection to the "harvest" mode. Temp was cold enough to make ice but switch wasnt making connection to complete the process. I found trouble shooting help and tech support directly from ULine support department.
Glad it's back up and running.