Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I walked pass my microwave/stove and it was actually screeching.

Customer Question

I walked pass my microwave/stove and it was actually screeching. I was not using it at the time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** iam happy to help you with your question today..does it stop if you open the door? if you unplug for 30 secs and plug back in will it stop? thx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I opened the stove and could not hear the noise. When I opened the microwave (that is attached above stove) I could hear the screeching and it was not being used. I kept hitting the END button and it finally stopped.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
if you heat something for a minute and test it will it come back ? can you try ?thx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could if I was home! LOL
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
sometimes the electronics can pick up electrical interference and do weird things , unplugging the unit or turning thebreaker off fotr a few minutes resets everything and its all good , but if it continually happens after each use then the board is bad ..mostly its just a glitch ,like computers ..