Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

My affinity washer stopped at the spin cycle and there wasn't

Customer Question

My affinity washer stopped at the spin cycle and there wasn't any water in it but the clothes were soaked....now it won't even start a wash cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** iam happy to help you with your question today..it starts the cycle with a drain , is it just humming or making a strange noise at the start?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Making a strange noise...i tried to just start a new cycle and the water starts for about 45 seconds and then stops but the display still shows the washer working normal...I'm assuming anyway...the timer still goes down....i found the model number though ATF800FG0
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And now the water is draining from the bottom of the washer :/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did a load today and it worked great...i put the second one in and this happened
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
if its actually leaking then something has gotten into the drain pump and may have damaged the hose that goes from the outer tub to the drain pump ,you would need to pull it out and remove rear panel to access the drain pump and see if the hose damaged or off
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will have to wait until my dad gets out here then...the dryer is stacked on top and Imake not strong enough to bring it down...can I get back to you whenever he is able to get to my house?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
yes for sure , just respond back to this question at any time