Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

Jes9900bas Jenn-Air Electr Smoothtop slide-in range. Right front element stopped heating

Customer Question

jes9900bas Jenn-Air Electr Smoothtop slide-in range. Right front element stopped heating up. Indicator light on control panel does light up when knob is turned, but element stays cool. Removed control panel and replaced switch. No change. Is the only other option the element?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** iam happy to help you with your question today..i was going to say before i saw te rest of your post that 90% of the time it is the element and not the switch ,and yes the element is the only other option
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you give me instructions for replacing the element? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also, which part number do I need to order?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
you need to open the oven door and remove the screws underneath the lip of the top when those are out you lift up the top and prop it up or have somebody hold it , the elements are held in by a brace ,you remove the screws on either end then the elements are exposed , they each have a little tab thatsecures it to the brace , swap those over to the new element , they are numbered ,then it is basically change the wires and reassemble
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
Radiant Surface Element 74011575
RepairClinic Item #1189118
$130.10
Brand Image
Radiant burner heat element
Whirlpool OEM Part #74011575
Fits
In Stock
Quantity:
ADD TO CART Return Policy
Radiant Surface Element 74011575 Main Product View View Larger Image Grid is 1 inch square
Radiant Surface Element 74011575 Alternate Product View Radiant Surface Element 74011575 Alternate Product View
this is the element for your range
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
your model has the control in the front , on that model you pull out the range and remove the screws from the sides and the back and the top lifts off then you have the braces and element tabs to remove
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cool, I'll order it. Can I leave this case open until I finish installing the element? I might have further questions as I am installing.
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.
yes ,you can ask questions at any time ,just respond to the same question open or closed