Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag LSG7806AAE stack-able washer / dryer combo.

Customer Question

i have a Maytag LSG7806AAE stack-able washer / dryer combo. the fills up with water but wont agitate. when getting to the spin cycle it spins and the water drains. what do you think is the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the washer will still spin and drain, then the motor and capacitor are good which means that your timer is just not sending power to the motor to agitate so you'd need to replace the timer for the washer unfortunately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is it possible that its the lid switch?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
only if the timer isn't advancing through the agitation cycle. You said "when getting to the spin cycle" so I'm assuming that the timer is advancing on it's own to the spin cycle. If the timer is advancing, the lid switch is not the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, it goes through the whole cycle it just doesn't agitate.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Ok then that is your timer. Your timer would need to be replaced. It has a bad contact inside not sending power to the motor when it should be agitating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you please let me know the part number that i need, and if possible also instructions on how to replace it. Thanks

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The part number for the timer is 22001924 and it's about $125 or so. As for how to replace the part, I'd need to be there to see it on these stack units because there are no service manuals for the stack units. The control panel will definitely need to be removed and possibly the front panel of the dryer as well as the angled panel between the washer and dryer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you know where the control panel is on this machine?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The control panel is the part under the dryer door. The part with the knobs that you turn to select the washer and dryer settings. The timer you are replacing is the part that's actually attached to the large knob which you turn to select the washer cycle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I opened that part but can't find how to the timer comes off.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You may need to remove the entire front panel then as I mentioned before. That requires removing the top sheet metal panel and the angled panel between the washer and dryer.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.