Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My GE Monogram Side by Side refrigerator/freezer keeps is set

Customer Question

My GE Monogram Side by Side refrigerator/freezer keeps is set at 30 degrees F for refrigerator and 1 degree F for the freezer. If I try to increase the temperature, it just resets back to those settings. I cannot find the model number anywhere so not sure about that information.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, the model number is ***** the refrigerator section on the side wall near the top front. It's on a large sticker.
The refrigerator is operating as designed. When you press the button to change the temp it should show you raised/lowered the temperature. It will then revert back to the actual temp which is what the temp was set at before you raised/lowered the temperature. It can take up to 24hr for the new temp you changed it to, to be displayed in the read out. The temperature has to raise or lower before the display shows the actual temp.
If the display does not change after 24hr, the display board is most likely going to be the culprit. Try unplugging it for 2-3 minutes to see if that will reset the board. If not, the board is shorted and will need to be replaced.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you