John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Cannot reinsert deli tray after I washed it

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
On most side by side Whirlpool units you have to actually lean against the door for the door to open enough for the deli and crispers to go back in place.
Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea where the model number is...the door to the refrigerator is not the problem...I took the deli tray out (like taking out a drawer to a dresser...it seemed to need "lifting" and jiggling to get it out...I washed the tray and lid then attempted to fit it back in and it WILL NOT GO. I struggled with it for over one hour then took it to an refrigerator expert at Home Depot who worked for 20 minutes then said he couldn't figure it out and to Google whirlpool...
open the fresh food door the model serial tag is on the interior right hand side.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KSRA22i (or 1)LSS00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
???
The model number is *****
you have to have the rear of the drawer higher slide it in the tracks and lift up on the front and slide it back in place.
Never really heard of anyone having issues.
Are you sure you have all the parts back the same way they came out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brian...are you there? I really think it would help if you gave me a call(###) ###-####and walked me thru this...I have tried just about everything logically...there are no parts to lose...I have the same three pieces...lid, basket and unit that hooks into the back of the wall...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reading your note "the same way they came out" - what I need you to know is the I slid the basket out of the track with the thought of washing it out as well as the lid...the unit hooked to the wall stayed in but since has come out to try to reassemble as one unit..
My Name is Woody!
And I do not participate in the phone options that Just answer has.
The drawer just slides in the track . not that hard to do .
And are you sure you have the glass back in place correctly?
you can install it as one complete assembly as long as nothing above it is obstructing the assembly when it is tilted upward.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a college grad and post grad work...a Hall of fame coach and reasonably intelligent and pretty good at fixing things...your instructions are not clear - I have tried assembling the entire unit in order to fit it back into the wall as a unit...nothing works and I assure you it is not simple. The simple things should be simple...this is not working...
Then with all your knowledge if you can not get it back in place.
I suggest to call to have a service person to come and take 2 minutes and come to your home and have them install it .