John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE profile French door refrig that keeps freezing

Customer Question

I have a GE profile French door refrig that keeps freezing my foods. The bins are set on cold not colder and also to less humidity. I try to set the frig temp to 37 but every time I come back and check it is 36. no matter how long I wait. Now I notice the freezer is reverting to a -2. I then change it back to 0 but it has reverted again when I have checked it later. This with the freezer just started. The refrig temp has been going on for awhile. MODEL #PFCS1RKZH SS SERIAL# ***** Please help This frig is 4 to 5 yrs old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Hello, I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need help with this?
If so, I will try to locate some information on this for you.
Thanks Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I believe I paid so I would like the response
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks
This sounds like either a bad board or a bad sensor
Can you try resetting the temperature just a couple of degrees warmer and see if it then actyally sets at the temperature you ideally want, or if resets back to the colder temperatures
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done those things. I think that was a very poorly researched answer
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thats not an answer!
It was a question
I dont know you tried those things as you didnt tell me
Ill opt out.
This means that if someone else has this information, they will respond to you directly.
In the meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as this will lock your question
Thanks
Rob