John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Roper rtw4640yq1 washing machine that would not fill.

Customer Question

I have a Roper rtw4640yq1 washing machine that would not fill. I contacted this site and got to the diagnostic codes, which indicated the problem was the motor. I took the motor off, sanded all the rust that was on it (bad in a couple of places). I tested the motor with a meter, got resistance, so thought perhaps it was still good. So I put it back on, started the machine, it started, made a click, water started running, made another click and the lid locked, made one more click and nothing happened after that. So I ran the diagnostic sequence and got all 5 lights flashing twice and then again and again. Did the diagnostic sequence again and got the same thing - wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly. What does 5 lights flashing mean, please?
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/936sg-roper-rtw4640yq1-washing-machine-machine.html#ixzz3aK6Ea8um
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Your model does not have an error code of all five light blinking
The highest is four blinking at one time.
And when you say all five light on you do mean the Fill.wash ,rinse,spin and done lights correct?