Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Profile Downdraft Exhaust that's stuck in the up positio

Customer Question

I have a Profile Downdraft Exhaust that's stuck in the up position. It's gotten very little use- what's happened? And how the heck can I get it lowered? Model #JVB37H1BB.
Thank you, Ann
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue you are having is likely related to the electronic controls. The most common to fail is the part pictured below.

If you heat that buttons with a hair dry and rub over it several times firmly, does the behavior change?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. Can you tell me how that was supposed to help?

Is there anything else to try?

Thank you, Ann

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Often times, steam from cooking will cause condensation in between the contacts in those types of membrane switches. The heat and rubbing helps to displace and evaporate that moisture. If no response, it could be that switch or the main electronic control. I can send you the technical information if you are able to disassemble and test the various electronic/electrical components.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well, I'd really like the downdraft down, soo-.... send me any info you have, yes. Thanks, Ann