Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My ge Profile gas cook top will not stop igniting . this has

Customer Question

My ge Profile gas cook top will not stop igniting .
this has happened in the past from water gewtting into the switches this time one of my sons cleaned it ,obviously too much cleaner was used
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So this is a common problem and you can continue using the oven for now, but it won't stop clicking until everything dries out *hopefully*. Once you're done using the oven, just turn the circuit breaker off and let it sit for 24 hours and the spark switches which got wet from boiling over should dry out. Right now one or more of the switches is wet so it thinks you're trying to light the burner all the time even though that isn't the case. Once the oven dries out it should stop clicking but if not, then the spark switch that got wet would need to be replaced.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.