Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My samsung washer stopped working, it is a VRT steam model

Customer Question

my samsung washer stopped working, it is a VRT steam model and reads out code tE and does note run. I tried to unplug to reset computer. It does not reset and does not run. It has a 10 ear warranty.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.Hi, the tE indicates a faulty temp sensor. The temperature sensor is out of range. Unfortunatley the only way to fix this error code is to replace the sensor. If you're handy, you can make the repair yourself. The temp sensor is located on the back of the machine. It has a plug and play connection on it and a set of small screws. It's actually very straight forward.You can get the part locally or by clicking here You can see in the link they have a video that shows how to make this repair. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you